- This event has passed.
Heritage Open Days
9th September 2016 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Kingston’s only Grade I listed building – a church has been on this site since Anglo-Saxon times; several Anglo-Saxon kings were crowned on this site. The current church mostly dates back to the 14th and 15th centuries. Come and explore the site with our heritage trails, discover the history of All Saints in our heritage gallery with introductory video and interactive timelines and discover the hidden treasures of All Saints, including a replica of Athelstan’s crown!
14:30 – History of All Saints talk with David Robinson (starts in the nave)
New for 2016
Tower Tours – Friday 9th September
12:30, 13:30, 14:30 – PRE-BOOKING ESSENTIAL
- Climb up the secret spiral staircase to see the hidden room where the ringers pull the ropes to ring the bells
- See the records on the walls of ringers, from the 18th Century to modern times, who rang for hours non-stop
- See a demonstration of how the bells are rung
- Have a go at making them sound – the loudest musical instruments there are!
- (Optional) Climb further up the ladder to see our 12 huge bells
- Children over six welcome. Those under 14 accompanied by an adult please.
To book a Tower Tour place, please contact Kate Flavell on email@example.com or 020 8942 1662